Read. Enjoy. Comment. thanks peeps. :]

Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Year. ThankYou. I Promise.

With a new year closing in, I thought I would take this time to say a few words that are comign from the heart. I want to wish everyone whos is reading this a very happy new year[a few days till]. It's been a very interesting year. From start to finish...it's been quite the eventful year. From winning my first dance competiton[Collision] to winning prom king with alice being prom queen, or even to embarking on a new journey called college...2008 has definately been a year to remember. Damn, where do I start?

Well, winning Collision def. was an experience that has def changed the way I look at things. Collision was my first dance competition ever. I loved the feel of being on stage. I loved the thrill. As soon as I stepped out and danced...I was hooked Hooked as if it were a drug. i wanted more...and forever till this day...I crave the thrill and feeling of being on stage. Dance became more than just a passion..it became my drug. My drug away from the drugs that harm. It has become my expression. My stress reliever. I'm in love with it. From then on, and till this day...I dance. I dance, and I don't see an end in sight very soon. But until that day arrives...turn the stage lights on and take a seat. I'm going to blow your mind.

Graduating from high school was def. a big thing. Esp. all the perks that came with it. Prom was def a night that can be noted. Alice and I winnign prom king and queen was an experience you can't buy. It's something you can never take away either. The excitement...the disbelief. Wearing that crown on my head...and dancing the night away... This...I will never forget. Moving on to college was a huge shift for me. Completely new friends. New lifestyle. More independence. Despite all the hardships that come with this new lifestyle..I'm enjoying myself, and finally finding myself and discovering myself as a person. New dance crew...new dance experiences..and a new person in my life. Khristine is and will be someone who I cherish very much. She has made me stronger. She has shown me the good..the bad..and the ugly. But that's what you need. I finaly found someone who isn't afraid to show me everything that comes into life. I live by a quote that I've heard recently...and it has made the most sense to me...and it relates pretty well to this. "If you can't handle the worst of something, do you really deserve the best of that something?" Will you still love me in the morning? Forever and ever babe. :D <3

There are so many things I'm so thankful for...
I am.
I'm thankful for my friends. Whether it be my friends in East brunswick, or even my new friends here in Stony Brook. I am thankful for each and everyone of them. And I need to remind myself that I need to remind them each and every opportunity that I can, that I dont take them for granted. I love each and everyone of them, and they should know that too. I am thankful for my family. Without my family, I'm not sure where I'll be. They always come out and support me. I know if I ever need any help...that they'll be there to get my back. I love them, and I want them to know that I'm here for them...just as much as they are here for me. I'm thankful for my health. As much as I am very causious about my head problems...my ticks..and my now disappeared stutter...I am very thankful for how healthy I am. I'm still very athletic..and I'm still alive. That's all I neeed baby. Just give me life. Thankyou. and of course...I;m thankful for God. Without him...I would be a lost soul...searching for nothing in life. Thankyou.

With all the new things, and all the new experiences...I can really look back on '08 and smile. Despite all the bad that has happened...there were so many goods. Haha, I'm smiling just thinking about it right now. I'm so excited to see what 2009 has to offer.

This brings me to my Promises. One promise I need to make is, I promise to be stronger. One thing 2008 has taught me is that, you need to go thru the bad to expereince more good. That's the only way you're going to make it. You need to learn in order to advance. I promise to be courageous...and be strong and to keep my held high when things are down. Because I know as long as I keep faithful, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I promise to try harder. I mean this almost every aspect you can shape it. My grades. My god my grades... They weren't horrible this first semester...but they can def improve. I promise to remain focused..and to remain on track on what i came to collge to do...which is study. This also goes for dance. I need to rememeber...nothing is achieved without good practice and determination. Theres always room for improvement...and I always need to remember...there will always be a guy better than me. Never settle. You can always learn. And also to rememebr to not get down when I'm reminded of this. Life is all about learning. Thats how you get better. I promise to trust. I also mean this every aspect you can think of. I need to trust in my loved ones...my friends...and as well as myself. Make sure I can trust myself...because if this cannot be achieved..then how can I trust others? I promise to believe. I;ve learned int he past that God is up there. And that he is looking down upon me and watching over me. He has helped me thru the toughest times...and I need to keep the faith. I need to show Him that I believe. I want to live in the name of the Lord...and to do so, I need to act like it.

2009 will be an interesting year. I can feel it already. Im determined and I'm excited as well. I can even say I'm a little scared. But nonetheless, bring it on 2009. Show me what your made of.

with love, derek gamboa.

No comments: